Sunday, October 24, 2010

30 Days Of Me - Day Twenty-One

A picture of something that makes you happy

This is a small part of my book collection (is very disorganised.. obviously I have not yet gotten around to organising my shelves.)
The written word is such a big part of my life and I adore reading. Curling up with a good book is my idea of bliss (bonus points if there is a purring cat beside me, I have chocolate or a snack and drink).
I get a lot of books secondhand.. my favourite method of acquiring books is through BookCrossing.. I love sharing books, passing them on and releasing them into the wild. Generally once I have read a book I will pass it on through BookCrossing unless it is one I want to keep hold of.. but even those I will lend to trustworthy friends.
I find it easier to name favourite genres than to name favourite authors or even books. I read a lot of travel writing, books about animals (especially cats), oddball non-fiction, GLBTQ fiction & non-fiction, YA fiction and books related to music.

0 comments:

Followers