Saturday, January 1, 2011

Favourites of 2010: Part One

I thought I should do a little look back at some of my favourite things in 2010. There was a lot of other things I liked last year but I thought I would limit the list to things that came out in 2010 (or in the case of my favourite game of the year had its New Zealand release in 2010). This is part one of two. The second part will cover favourite book, game and music performance of 2010.

Motion City Soundtrack - My Dinosaur Life (album)

I got into Motion City Soundtrack around 2003/2004 when I had a friend who made awesome mixtapes. He'd have a range of stuff on there including Motion City Soundtrack songs .
Their debut album I Am The Movie was always my favourite of their albums but with the release of My Dinosaur Life it will have to share.
What is it that I love about this album? Well it has all the things I love about the band.. fun, catchy lyrics that I can't help but sing along to, rocking music and I love the album artwork of the dinosaurs and bees.
Song picks: Worker Bee, Her Words Destroyed My Planet, Delirium, Pulp Fiction & @!#?@!



Scott Pilgrim Vs The World (movie)

There were quite a lot of movies I enjoyed in 2010 so it was a little hard picking my favourite for the year. But I am going with this one.. even saw it twice at the movie theater.
I loved the film's combination of two things I geek out over - music and video games. I loved the soundtrack for this movie (both the rock stuff and all the gaming inspired stuff) and the video game references made me smile. I read the first graphic novel a couple of years ago and am now in the process of collecting and reading the rest.
This is a movie that I can see myself re-watching many times over.





Glee (TV Show)


I was fairly late to the whole Glee bandwagon. I remember some of my facebook friends going total Gleek over the show when it first started but since moving up to Auckland I don't watch as much TV as I used to, preferring to buy season sets on DVD.
After buying the DVD of the pilot episode earlier this year I got the entire first season with my birthday money. Then went on a Glee watching binge with my BBFF Jay over two nights where we got little sleep and watched the entire first season.
I love the music, the characters and have even made some new friends through the Glee fandom.

Part two coming tomorrow!

Miscellaneous 2010 Cool Things:
Making new friends (both online and in real life.. and there have been crossovers between the two) * Another year being with Erik * Graduation from International Travel College * Spending time with my adorable niece * Visiting family in Greymouth * Turning 25 * Being at work for a year * Writing more * Family visiting me in Auckland * My rooftop garden * Hosting write ins and NaNoWriMo events *

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

That was such an awesome 2 nights :D

Followers